PL 2023: Here’s how SRH played spoilsport for RCB’s chances over the years
Sunrisers Hyderabad and Royal Challengers Bangalore had a long-lasting rivalry over the years. It was Hyderabad-based Deccan Chargers that first denied RCB the IPL Cup back in 2009. Again, the same scenario repeated in the year 2016 as well. Not stopping at this, RCB has had many obstacles to entering the playoffs because of SRH. Let us have a look at those.
* 2009: As mentioned before Deccan Chargers beat RCB by a very close margin
* 2012: In the RCB’s last league vs Deccan Chargers, RCB lost the match and missed 4th place to CSK by a slight margin
* 2013: In the last league match of SRH, it won the match and advanced to playoffs denying the chance for RCB.
* In the year 2015, SRH lost their last league match to MI, and due to that RCB couldn’t advance to playoffs.
* 2016: SRH beat RCB by a very close margin in the finals.
* 2020: SRH beat RCB in the eliminator and that made them knocked out of the tournament
* 2021: SRH beat RCB in their penultimate league match and denied RCB a top-2 finish
* 2022: RCB was all-out for 68 runs against SRH.
Now, RCB is facing a crucial match against SRH that will be played in Hyderabad. It is like a do-or-die match for them. We have to wait and see how this will go.